AmCham MENA - Objectives
The general purpose of the Council shall be to foster and engender increased collaboration and cooperation amongst the Members in promoting greater business opportunities between the United States and the Mena region. In particular, the Council is charged with the following objectives and strategy initiatives:
- The effective and cohesive linking of the various Members' organizations.
- The identification and promotion of Middle East Free Trade Agreements and related opportunities amongst the Members.
- The institutionalization of the ongoing coordination between the Members and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The promulgation of rules and procedures relating to the coordination and cooperation among Members.
- The support of and for regional integration and business partnerships.
- The creation and coordination of formal programs on and for the promotion of U.S. business opportunities.
- The preparation and exhibition of regional conferences.
- The promotion of U.S. exports of products and services.
- The fostering of increased awareness among Middle Eastern manufacturers and producers of export opportunities to the U.S. through free trade agreements and other opportunities.
- The support for and promotion of various investment and trade initiatives.
- The reformation and liberalization of the various regulations pertaining to business operations and investments.
- The coordination of trade policy initiatives among the Members and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The increase of U.S. trade with the MENA region.
- The provision of services to and generalized support for innovative business and professional project investments.
- The creation and institutionalization of a regional Middle East Free Trade Agreement, similar to the EU, NAFTA, MERCOSUR, etc.